‘You can be in a room with loads of people and still feel completely alone’
When you are feeling depressed, helpless, lonely or completely empty inside. Then give the following tips a go.
*I did and they are starting to help me!
1. Go and see your doctor. There is no shame in asking for help!
* If you are in danger of self harm or you are having suicidal thoughts, then call the EMERGENCY SERVICES.
2. Visit family and friends. If no one lives near by then give them a call.
3. Get involved in a local social group.
4. Take up a fitness class or start cycling or
5. Watch your favourite Tv show, watch a film you love or read a good book. One of my personal favourites is
6. Take a class at a local college or a free online course like Future Learn
7. Start writing a journal or an online blog.
8. Create your own event or personal challenge. Here’s mine.
Book Challenge: Read & Blog.
9. Visit somewhere you love. E.g. The beach, your favourite attraction or go for a walk in the countryside.
*These tips are not here to replace medical help, so for my 10th tip, I am going to repeat the number 1 tip!
10. Go and see your doctor, ask for counselling. If it is an emergency then call your EMERGENCY SERVICES.