I have been inspired to create this challenge for myself and others because of this weeks Word Press Discover Challenge: LEARNING. I love to learn new things and one of the best ways to learn is through reading. So I have decided to create my own weekly challenge:
The 52 Week Book and Blog Challenge.
The Aim Of The Challenge.
- To read 52 books over 52 weeks on a variety of subjects.
- To then post a review or summary of the book on your blog site.
- To use the book as inspiration for a new blog post in any medium.
- To help you to discover authors and topics you may never have considered reading.
- To help you to become a better writer from reading published authors and posting a book review/summary regularly.
- You can start the challenge at anytime.
- Ideally you should read in the order suggested, but if you want to shake it up a bit then you can.
- If a book takes more than a week to read don’t worry, sometimes life gets in the way. Just continue with the next book when you can.
- Try to pick a variety of books you have read with ones you haven’t read as well.
- When you have finished reading a book don’t forget to write your blogpost. Tip: Try not to leave too long between reading your book and writing your post.
- Feel free to pingback your reviews to this post.
My First Week: Favourite Book.
This was personally a difficult choice for me as I have about 4/5 favourites I could have gone for. I decided I will read Little Women by Louisa May Alcott as I haven’t read this book for about 2 years!
I will be providing a review/summary on each book I decide to read, which will be found under the book review category.
Anyway, here is the list and I look forward to reading your posts.
The 52 Book Challenged
- Your favourite book.
- A book you have not yet read by an author you love.
- A book you started but never finished.
- A book that was made into a movie or tv series.
- A book that was turned into a musical or stage production.
- A book you own but have not yet read.
- Choose a book based on the cover.
- A book with a colour in the title.
- A book set in the spring or summer.
- A book set in the autumn or winter.
- Published within the last 3 months.
- A book set somewhere you have always wanted to visit.
- Choose a book with a great first line.
- Pick a book based on the title.
- A book that was published the year you were born.
- A book originally published in a different language.
- Your favourite book from your childhood.
- An author you’ve never heard of before.
- A new female writer.
- A new male writer.
- Published more than 100 years ago.
- Written from the main characters perspective.
- More than 600 pages.
- Less than 300 pages.
- The book features a character with the same name as you.
- A book of short stories.
- A book of poetry.
- A book with a female heroine.
- A book you have previously refused to read.
- A self improvement book.
- An educational book on your favourite subject at school.
- Educational book on a creative interest.
- A book on a sporting interest.
- Educational book you have little knowledge in.
- A wildlife book.
- A true story.
- A Shakespeare play you have read before.
- A Shakespeare play you have never read before.
- One of Shakespeare’s sonnets.
- A book of fairy tales.
- A comic book.
- A love story.
- A classic novel.
- A science fiction story.
- A murder mystery.
- Romantic comedy.
- A biography or autobiography.
- A thriller.
- A trilogy series.
- A book recommended by a friend or relative.
- A book everyone has read but you.
- A book you have learned about doing this challenge.